Monday, August 27, 2012

Here

Im here! So this may end up becoming more of a diary than a blog. I keep thinking that I chose the wrong place. But I know that Im supposed to be here. Im very connected to my host family. They couldnt be more kind to me. Im resting a lot.

im scared. and by scared i mean terrified. i dont know any Japanese.
ok
this is what i know

hello
goodbye
what you say before eating
do you understand english
thank you
delicious
sixteen
yes
no
its a nice day out

thats what i know. PS the reason that im not writing apostrophes and junk is because this keyborad scares me.

heres a secret. Ive cried a lot. I miss my family really badly. I miss hugs. I miss my mom a lot. Like a ton. I cant wait to hug her. Truly. if i could have her in my ars it would make me cry with happiness. Iwill forever treasure you more Mom. I love you.

I do love church here though!
I met this guy named Daichi, hes the pastors son. Hes really nice and talks to me in English, So does Les. I love them very much.

I also met a guy named Daiki and he was hosted in Charlotte! We talked about Southpark mall and Myers Park and Chickfila. It made me happy.


Basically I have God. And thats all right now. Thats all I need. Its just hard to come to terms with that. Im scared about the future.  My heart hurts.

Family, friends, I love you.

Japan, here I come. PS. The Bible is a great book.

4 comments:

  1. you can only become stronger. he will give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miah,
    I am SO glad to hear that you feel connected to your host family. That is a very big blessing!!

    I miss you too!! I am going to give 100s of hugs when you come home on February 3rd!! WE CAN DO IT!! With God's help of course!! I will ALWAYS treasure you as well. I LOVE YOU (MORE)!!!

    I am SO glad to hear that you're enjoying church. Being amongst God's people - your extended family - will definitely help as you adjust to Japan.

    Please do not be scared about your future. Remember what God promises to you in His Word in Jeremiah 29: 11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    I LOVE YOU OH SO MUCH!
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET MIAH....I am praying for you! I am SO PROUD of you for being so brave. I know you can do this! Hang in there and don't let your fear get the best of you. YOU have what it takes to do this. God is just as big there in Japan as He is here. He hasn't gone anywhere.

    Love you girl! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAH! I KNEW I wasn't the only one that would get homesick out of our little group! Nice to know I wasn't the only one. :P Hang in there Miah.
    Oh, and seriously let me know how that creeper look goes down on the trains...

    ReplyDelete