Thursday, November 1, 2012

ただいま

I really don't know what to put here. I feel as though the last time I uploaded was only yesterday. I hate that time goes so quickly. Every time I share a inside joke with someone, or they do something that they know will make me smile, I get a pain deep in my chest. I know the memories will always stay with me, but it's a shame that the people can't as well.

My host sister, Kano, keeps telling me that I type fast. Ha.

On the lighter side, here's your truly yesterday (Halloween) as my life long aspiration, Stitch:


So there's that nonsense.

In exactly a month from tomorrow I will be taking the N5 Japanese Language Proficiency Test. This is the easiest level, but I am completely terrified. 

Note: I started reading the Bible from Genesis on Sunday. I am taking this adventure with another one of the best youth groups in the world, though these people are back in the States.  We plan to finish, cover to cover, in three months. I have been reading the Bible everyday here, whether it's one chapter or fifteen. 

Japanese gets increasingly difficult each day. You would think it might get easier, but no. Please, if you believe in God, put me in a prayer or two. It would be greatly appreciated. 

So I moved classes. I think God is seeing exactly how stretchy I can be. I was very upset when I was told this, but there's some things you just can't change, especially as an exchange student. I'm just trying to make the best of it all.

Ah, yesterday was my 10 week mark. That means I am soon approaching the half way point. 

I mentioned last post that my church is inexplicably amazing. If I knew bigger words or a better way to describe it I would. Writing has never been my strong point.

Last Sunday was probably one of my favorite days since I've been here. I think each and every day is just getting better and better and I don't want it to end. This experience has brought me back down to earth, has shown me the good in people, the benefit of helping others, the reward for working hard, and the truth in finding out who I am and showing in no matter where I am.

My friends here never cease to amaze me. Though they are dealing with equally if not more difficult situations, they are always prepared to give me a great big hug when I need it, which tends to be weekly. 

The title is literally what you say when you return home from somewhere, but I feel like it fits: I'm home.

I love Japan. Simple as that.

1 comment:

  1. Miah,
    Although I can't seem to find out when you post on your blog, know that each time I do catch one of your updates, my heart swells with amazement of what a wonderful young women you are and are becoming. I am SO proud of you and could never express to you exactly how much.
    I am grateful to our God that you feel at home in Japan; this is what I have been praying for since we decided you were going on this journey.
    I love you and I miss you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete