Thursday, November 22, 2012

ありがとう

Today. 

*deep breath*

It's Thanksgiving back home today.

So what better to do than write here what I'm thankful for, ne?

I am thankful for so much. So here we go.

-the essentials: a roof over my head, water, food. I know there are a lot of people that don't have even these things. I can't leave that out.

-Jesus. Man, seriously, I don't know what I would do without Him. 

-My family. Whether blood related or not, I can't thank you enough. I have been adopted by many families, and it means the world to me that you treat me like your own. Everyone in my family has been so supportive of this trip, even if they didn't want it in the beginning. You guys are constantly on my mind. You are the closest to my heart and I can't wait to see you again.

-Trials. It's weird how God clears things up, ne? I am slowly seeing how God is using things, that I thought were bad, for good. For His plan. Not to mention that trials make you treasure things when you have them. Without trials I don't know if I could ever truly appreciate the good in my life.

-host families. the most generous people on earth. And I have been blessed enough to have two of them. Sae and Ryoko, or Mr and Mrs. Takahashi, Yuhei, Takuya, Keitarou, Atsushi, and Kanoko. It doesn't matter. I still feel their love radiating. It really keeps me going. Good day or bad, these people can always make me smile.

-FIC. I was super worried about finding a good church when I got here. First place I went to in Fukuoka? Fukuoka International Church. Really great place.

-friends. My friends at school are absolutely hilarious. They've ALWAYS got my back. I'm gonna miss these girls, as terrifying as they can be. =) Hikari, Eri, Akari, Abe, Kaho, and countless more. You guys are my homies man. Forever.

-Sam, Les, Pat, Lee, Kazune, Daichi. You guys are the people that I have the most vivid memories with here. Another blessing from FIC. Samantha is my inspiration. She has been in my shoes and strengthens me to push through, even if she doesn't know it. Les knows when to poke fun and when to lend a helping hand or provide a hug. Pat always gets into ridiculous conversations, and I can never help but laugh at the things he says. Be yourself and be proud of it man. Though Lee's first language isn't English, He's got as much deep incite as the rest of us, and never fails to blow my mind the way he words things. Not to mention that piano talent. Kazune, walking back from Oktober Fest. I'm gonna come live with you, mkay?  =) And last but not least, Daichi. The person I forced to become my living diary from the second I walked into church. I am happy to say we're all friends, and I can only hope this will not be the last time I see you all. You're all beautiful, and you've made this trip the amazing trip it has been so far.

-this trip. When I looked into this trip in the early parts of this year, I never thought I would really be here. Every day has brought some knew understanding, whether about myself, others, the past, the future, the present, God, people, earth, Japanese, water crystal formation, doesn't matter. This trip has been a blessing beyond my wildest dreams. I never knew I could love people and a place like I love Fukuoka. God did good, He did real good. Props.



P.S. I left home three months ago today.
</3

The week before I left for Japan I spoke in chapel. I talked about living everyday as a "once in a lifetime" experience. Because we can never get yesterday back. I think I'm finally really applying that to my life. And not here, I've been doing that for a while. It's easy to make the most of an experience when you know you only have a little bit of time. But when I get back home. I forcing myself to memorize this feeling so that when I get home I won't waste another second. Life's too short.

So to that I say, ありがとう

No comments:

Post a Comment