Friday, September 7, 2012

がこ

So I officially have 142 days `til I am at home.
I have really bad floods of homesickness, but 142 days is not that much. I remember when it was 155, and the time from then to now has flown by.
I literally have 36 classes.
-6 monday
-7 tuesday
-6 wednesday
-6thursday
-7 friday
-4 saturday

Yes, thats right, Saturday.
But tomorrow we have the School Festival, so not real school.
Saturday school doesn`t happen all the time

Here`s my week for those who are curious:

Monday:
-Japanese private classes (JFL)
-(JFL)
-Classic Japanese (which I`m skipping for a study hall)
-Math
-Physics
-Japanese History (another study hall)

Tuesday:
-JFL
-JFL
-Art
-Art
-PE
-Bible
-Japanese History (study hall)/Health study

I LOVE TUESDAYS HERE

Wednesday:
-JFL
-JFL
-English
-World History (study hall)
-home ec
-home ec

Thursday:
-Classic Japanese (study hall)
-OC1 =super simple english grammar class
-Math
-Chemistry
-English/Physics
-Long Home Room

Friday:
-Math
-JFL
-JFL
-PE
-Classic Japanese (study hall)
-Chemistry
-Japanese
Saturday:
-English
-Physics
-Health Study
-Japanese History (study hall)

Sunday:
Church, starbucks, shopping, skype. :)

As far as school goes, it starts with homeroom at like 8:35, then a twenty minute chapel, then the classes listed above (each lasts 45 minutes with 10 minute breaks in between and lunch (obento or pan with ringo ju-su >packed lunch or bread with apple juice<) after 4th period), and finally class worship to end the day. at 3, 4, or 12:40 depending on the day
Oh yes, then the students clean up. That`s right, no janitors.

This week has been different though because we`ve been preparing for the school festival, and getout class a lot.

If you`re like WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING SO MANY CLASSES? Well first because I`m awesome and get to skip history which is a miracle for me. For one thing, most people sleep in the classes I`m skipping, not to mention the teachers who teach those classes don`t speak any English and most of what they write on the board is in kanji. Kanji is the third and final alphabet that I have yet to learn. It`s essentially a couple thousand Chinese characters. So it would be better for me to study on my own.

All classes are in ALL Japanese.

I love math because I totally understand it ^_^

My art class is Design, so i get to doodle really detailed pictures for two hours straight =)

AH! Plus, I read りんご じゅーす today and understood
it`s the first thing that ive read in Japanese and knew what it meant.
I was proud

It`s apple juice by the way

The Bible is a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment