Monday, September 17, 2012

YUUKI (Courage)

So it"s official that this blog which I have worked on for merely a few months now has more views than one which I had been using for years. *sigh*
That just seems to be how things go.

I am very happy here. Japan is awesome and though I am basically consistently busy trying to mix Japanese and English in sentences, studying Japanese, getting to know the people around me, or reading the Bible, I am trying to treasure every second.

My facebook stati from the past few days seems to display exactly what i want to say about where I am:

"its hard to get a picture with anyone without them throwing up the deuces #justgowithit" (in a picture)

"Japan is awesome

Does anyone remember the show American Dragon?
It`s theme song was stuck in my head today.

Also we read 1000 Paper Cranes in English today. It`s socrazy that the one Japanese story that is super significant to my life was read while I`m in Japan

My Japanese friends and せんせい can`t possibly grasp how much that story means to me. I miss Mrs. Harding

#restinpeace"

"`Though we are but a vapor, you and me, and tiny and frail, we are marked by majesty, and we have been created in the very image of the God who breathes out the stars and put the universe into place. You and I are fashioned and formed and ordained by the God of all creation. We are fearfully and wonderfully made, you and I. You are somebody incredibly special.`-louie giglio"

"Every day is a mission"


"Watching Glee.... i love Japan"
"I realized today that my time is fleeting and I need to cherish every second that I have here. Though I can`t always control the circumstance I`m in, I can control how I react to it. It`s funny how when you`re in a foreign place, little things like reading and understanding the words `apple juice` seem like the biggest accomplishment.

Accomplishment today: I went to church all by my self! Walking, train, and more walking. I was very proud of myself

Then I got to hang out with truly the coolest people in Japan at a local coffee shop.

And now I am wearing a kimono for the first time
(PS, skype is open if you want to see the whole kimono deal)

#adventures"





This is, and will be, in short, a life changing experience. I can't wait to see what's in store

No comments:

Post a Comment