Wednesday, September 19, 2012

かぞく

A long time ago, God created something very beautiful. This thing is called family. Tonight, as I was riding in the car with my newest host family, "Let It Be" came on the radio. Though none of the people in my family (Father, Mother, one daughter, four sons, Grandma) speaks English fluently, it was magical hearing them hum, whistle and even sing parts of that song. There is something deeper than even the Beatles that seems to connect us all. I have only been with this crew for roughly 54 hours, but I can already feel a deep bond between us. I doubt that they feel the same way, but the loneliness of language barriers provides a-more-than-sufficient amount of time for one to ponder really anything. 

Through this change of host families I have realized that no matter where you are, or the number of people that are in a home, truly loving and caring people can come together and build each other up.

Host families are probably the most generous people that I have met to this point in my existence. Though you know you will only be together  for a short time, they are willing to go to the moon and back to ensure your happiness and safety. Though I have not spent the time, or have the genetic make-up to really be considered a part of this family, I am welcomed as though neither of those things have any significance to the right of passage of being a member of this house hold. I walked unknowingly into a group of people with open arms, and I'm so glad that I've been blessed to have not one, but two host families during this experience.

What a terribly beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment