Tuesday, September 11, 2012

しゅざい

Today is a hard day for any American. 9/11 is not something you forget. Though I was so young that I don`t remember exactly what I was doing, I remember how it impacted people.
Prayers to all who still suffer to this day.

Good news #1
It was Tia`s birthday on the 9th, and my new friend ひかり (Hikari)`s birthday on the 10th! Hurrah!
I got to see both of them on their birthdays!

#2 I am getting less and less homesick. I think that time, church, friends, anad the school festival has helped me ease into Japan more and more

#3 I got interviewed today!!!! (that`s the title of todays blog- interview)
It was a longgggg process, about 5 hours!!! They came and filmed me drawing in art class, eating lunch with my friends (then they proceeded to buy me more food so they could film more of me eating). Afterwards I showed them around the school to my favorite places (art room, Japanese room, auditorium, library). Finally, we sat down and I was asked a series of questons in English, which were then translated into Japanese. I had to memorize the Japanese answer and then present it in front of light camera and mike. Hot, tiring, challenging. But lots of fun!

Made for a great day and one more new adventure to add to the list.

#4 I GET TO SKYPE MY FAMILY FOR FAMILY NIGHT TOMORROW MORNING!

Hurrah hurrah, happiness all around.

PS, the Bible is a great book.


This is what started off my last きにょうび (Friday) in chapel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W4-0qUdHY&feature=related
I hope it makes you smile as much as it made me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment